View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Karenjane

Default Two New Baby Quilts

I just finished two baby quilts for friends at work, both having Baby girls, one is here already and another in a couple more weeks. I used a pattern from Clotilde's - Pick-up Sticks. I wanted something simple that I didn't have to think about too much. Things at work have been hectic lately and having something easy to work on in the evenings soothes my mind.

I didn't care for the pattern name so I gave each of them their own, more fitting name. The first one, with the pieced green and pink backing I named Garden Fence. The prints were mostly florals and the pieced border reminded me of a picket fence. I quilted it with an allover spiral design. The second one I christened Tropical Sherbet. While the colors are bright and warm they made me think of bright colors you find in the tropics and ice cream. This one was quilted with a meandering design. The single motif quilting is also a mind soother. These were made completely from my stash, so I made some room for new acquisitions.

These quilts are simple but I really enjoyed focusing on the work and not fussing over design, colors, placement, etc. and just let the quilts become quilts. The recipients seemed very pleased with their quilts. That's one of the things I love about giving quilts as gifts, recipients are so grateful and seem genuinely pleased. Even though I'm giving the quilt away it still warms me and I usually get a few hugs in the mix.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails gf1quiltedsm.png   gf1quiltedbacksm.png   gf1quiltedclosesm.png   quiltedts1sm.png   quiltedtsbacksm.png  

quiltedtsclosesm.png