View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 11:30 PM
Rainforest_elf

Hi y'all!

I just finished my second quilt topper and wanted to show someone!!

I've been teaching myself how to sew and quilt for a little while. I have to say, this is a very difficult hobby! But I'm loving it and learn something new every day that I sew. I actually started this back in February. I got a lot of it done, but then I really screwed up with the seam allowances so I shoved the entire project into a closet and only just had the urge last Friday to finish it. Even as I was sewing it together, I made more errors, but it's gonna happen since I'm teaching myself.

For this quilt I really wanted to do something that would showcase some toile fabric I've had forever. Toile is my favorite type of pattern! So I made a verrrrry simple design of 9'' blocks. The quilt size is really odd, it's 63''x81'' and will be a blankie for my movie room. Bit larger than a lap quilt and looks like it could fit a twin sized bed. I layed it out on my double sized bed to show it flat, and it covered it pretty nicely!

I ordered some fabric for the back, so now all I need is for it to arrive, figure out how I'm going to piece the back together, and then sandwich everything together! I'll report back when it's complete!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-12410.jpe   attachment-12412.jpe   attachment-12641.jpe