Old 05-21-2012, 02:55 AM
AnngelAnne

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
Marybeth our thoughts are with you. When we got Commander, I didn't want another dog. But it was "over my dead body" that he came to us. Then 10.5 years later when we had to put him to sleep because he was so sick, I cried the hardest. Still have pictures of him up - he was a beautiful collie - but so sick with cancer.

Today didn't turn out like I had planned. We were going to go visit the memory unit, but instead went to a Dr. apt. Everything is fine, but Mom had some coughing issues and they were worried that it would/could be much worse by Monday. So hopefully next week .....

The rhubabr bars sound wonderful. Love cream cheese in things. Hope there are some in the club car or at least the recipe. Tonight I am going to have a little glass of wine - maybe even a cheesecake bar!!!!!
Okay, here you go. I brought some to sample, left them in the club car with the recipe. Enjoy.

RHUBARB BAR COOKIES

CRUST:
1/2 c. butter
1 1/4 c. flour
1/2 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt

FILLING:
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 c. rhubarb, cut in 1/2" pieces
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

Mix crust ingredients until crumbly. Pat about 2/3 of crust mixture in ungreased 9" square pan. Combine softened cream cheese with remaining ingredients, beat smooth; pour over crust. Top with remaining crust mixture. Bake in 350 degree oven for 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator