Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 AM
nurseknitsLaura

Nancy- I know- that was a cool video. I"ve never sewn anything out of leather. I have a friend who buys leather skirts at the thrift store and makes cool bags out of them- there are A LOT of size small leather skirts out there! I bought a Juki "stippling foot", and it was kind of funny for me to buy a $35 foot for an $80 machine. I mean, I know that the machine was a great deal, but I so rarely buy anything new that it was kind of funny to see what "real" prices are! Have you ever noticed how much a Bernina ruffler foot goes for? I probably have twenty rufflers lurking around the house.

I'm TRYING to be moderate about this machine, and have promised to only buy one specialty foot at a time, so that I learn to use each one for this machine and evaluate if I really need it. It's not like I am going to abandon my beloved 201, and it has every foot under the sun. BTW the Charlene Phillips book on attachments is the one that worked for me to learn all the different feet. Most all of the pictures feature vintage machines, too. Laura