Thread: Wiring tutorial
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:22 PM
greaterexp

Joe, that's too bad about the tutorial. I think the specificity of this kind of tute for vintage machines warrants putting it here instead of general tutorials. I thank you for your kindness and offer of help. I would be starting from scratch with the Fotomatic - all I know is that it nearly shocked me the second time I plugged it in. The first time, it powered on fine and ran, so I thought it may only need a cleaning and oiling.
Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
greaterexp,

At the risk of angering the powers that be here is the situation:
I have been requested to do a wiring tute by several members. I rewired and repaired a motor for jljack and have the pics and text pretty much done. Unfortunately there have been snags with the posting.
We have several "stickies" up top on the forum so I contacted the head moderator for permission to add my tute to this forum. I was told my wiring tute would have to go to the tutorial section and with out a sticky.
The problem with that is it would get lost post haste and nobody would remember where it was or even that it was there.
I was told I could put a link to it in my sig line, but I've learned from experience on other forums that after a while nobody looks at those. And those are visible only if someone knows it is on my posts.
So that is why there is no tutorial for the rewiring of motors.

If you need help I'll be glad to help as much as I can. PM me your email address and we can exchange photos and get the job done. It's really not that hard to rewire a motor or foot controller, just kind of tedious sometimes.

Joe