View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM
quiltnmore

The good news is - if you have a Babylock with a usb you can download designs to a computer in your format and organize these in folders by categories. There are free designs offered at several sites, I like embroiderydesigns.com and others like emblibrary.com. Brother cards in .pes format work for the Babylock though!

Save your wonderful Janome 9000 for regular sewing and a backup embroidery machine. I know it is a shame that designs are not compatible, but the newer designs are so much better than they were for the 9000. Your Janome cards can be sold on ebay if you don't have the machine any longer. Some people are looking for them instead of buying a new machine.

I do enjoying using embroidery software. I had the old 3D Embroidery Suite and now the Janome older Digitizer Pro. Those programs allow me to change the format of designs and combine words and designs together. I can size them smaller or larger before it goes to the machine. Since I have a Babylock and a Janome it helps me share my designs.

Enjoy your new machine and start your new library of designs.