View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 AM
Jenniky

Originally Posted by SulaBug View Post
Jenniky..................don't you think the pink & purple batik fabric's together, in Tweety's block, just "POPS"? LOL I just had to ask you that, as I have been looking for a block that I think just POPS!! One of my favorite expression's, so to speak.
Hmmmm now you know I have been trying to define what makes something POP ... lol I think the fabrics blend very well together..very pleasing to the eye. On Tweety's particular block what would make it come all together for me I think is the seed bead design in the center. Now I have to be honest batiks are not my favorite.. there are many I love the look of and would make them for others. So prospectively I have to step outside of my personal preferences when it comes to batiks. I believe though they will grow on me as I move further along in my quilting as I often get drawn in by them with certain patterns and batik fabrics like Tweety has chosen ..LOL wow I just totally contradicted myself.. I love it when the batiks have a subtle print in the background like the dragonfly and the purples make me feel the depth of the flower image. Hmmmm ... So when something Pops for you Sula...is it that the fabrics blend themselves complete the block pattern or entire quilt as in a certain sashing fabric to pull all the blocks together???? So is the POP that which completes each pattern from the individual viewers perspective???? or as I usually say ..the fabrics speak to me or don't speak to me..LOL oh my ... Sula you might never ask me a question again...Hahahah Im still sitting on the fence with trying to figure out what makes it go Pop... but I do love Tweetys' block..and Tweety I hope you dont mind my analysis of your beautiful batik block.

Last edited by Jenniky; 05-22-2012 at 03:58 AM.