View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 04:21 AM
Geri B

Default Wow, I was impressed........

well, I had not been to the Walmart that has a Fabric Dept. (not the one closest to me - 7 miles-this one is about 25 miles away) for about a month, but a needed a notion and did not want to "travel" to the JoAnn-about 25 miles only in a different direction-more traffic, so there I was. Well, I was pleasantly surprised....not only had the dept. expanded with more bolts, and better, I might add, but more notions, and pre-cut jelly rolls, charms, and also 1/2yd and 1 yd, along with fat quarters, priced a lot more reasonably than LQS....plus they had some of their "old" bolts at clearance...actually two whole shelf units full.....and I had fun shopping.....and as I was having the fabric pieces cut I mentioned to the "associate" to let whomever is in charge know how great I thought the improvement was and "thanks".....she said altho the fabric was priced a little higher than previously it seemed to be getting good results. Sometimes I wonder about these surges in prices on various commodities.....gas, with its "shortages, causing this see-saw pricing, cotton shortage now causing the same for us.......my wallet has a shortage lately, so I will definitely continue to seek out the best possible price for what I need/want and shop there, just as if I want to go out to "eat", sometimes, McD is all I can swing........just had to say...thanks to Walmart for giving us another alternative for shopping........all my quilt projects are not intended to be Heirloom, just my personal therapy and if they don't last forever, I don't care......