Old 05-22-2012, 05:28 AM
carriem

Lots of great pictures were shared while I was away! Sorry for no update yesterday...I was busy sewing. I got 3 more blocks done (will take pictures later today and post) and had to spend some time with my family!

I saw LOTS of great stuff at Market. I took a couple classes...one by Deb Tucker of 180 Studio Designs (she had great rulers: tucker trimmer, wing clipper, etc) Great speaker and a lot of fun to listen to. In the fall I will be doing a demo at the shop where I work.

The other class I took was by Marilyn Foreman of Quilt Moments (she taught on kaleidoscope quilts...quick easy 4-patch ones...she uses them in the centers of her blocks to make some very interesting quilts!) Another great teacher. I will be making a sample for the shop using one of her patterns and some fabric called "Shimmer"by Timeless Treasures (http://www.ttfabrics.net/cgi-bin/fab...i?Category=710). I love butterflies, purple and metallic so this covers all of those...my boss thought they were great too and said as long as I would make a shop sample she would buy fabric from the line!

We saw lots of great patterns and fabric. It is something I would definitely do again.