View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 07:03 AM
ThayerRags

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
... the idea of sacrificing my old straight leg treadle makes me tear up. So I'll have to wait till I find one with out a top and machine.
Joe
Hi Joe,

This treadle came along just in time. I had been struggling with the idea of loading, hauling, and unloading the spare industrial stand that I originally had ear-marked for this project. I came up with another straight-leg cabinet in excellent condition during this time, but it’s much too nice to use for a MUTT.

My MUTT stand has paint issues up toward the top of the legs. The paint is peeling and the metal is rusting. The rust and the brown paint nearly match each other in color, so I didn’t even notice it at first. The cabinet top is not very good either, so I decided to use this stand for my base. The treadle had a Singer 15-91 in it by the way, so that head won’t miss the treadle stand at all.

I’m planning on re-painting the MUTT stand flat black, even though I don’t think that they ever came out that way. I really don’t think that I need to worry about keeping it “original”, when I’m putting tops and heads on it that don’t match it anyway. I like black treadles more than brown ones, and I like the flat black better than the glossy black. I’ll highlight the “SINGER” name on the crossbar with gold paint to give it a little pizzaz. If I’m going to have a mutt, it might as well look like one.....

CD in Oklahoma