Old 05-22-2012, 03:59 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Candace and Laura, I wouldn't even try to sell the cabinet, in fact I'd feel bad even giving it away. It looks ok in the photo on Craigslist, but in person it is in terrible shape. The veneer can be just lifted off, the seat is minus all vinyl, the feet are all split and coming apart. The drawers are in ok shape, we thought about just dropping it off at our local Hospice on the way home with the machine, but felt it was in too bad a shape to even do that! No, that cabinet along with a Spartan cabinet (I think) are going to the dump! I am not going to even try to re-do them!

I thought about Cathy maybe having the bobbin case. I am a little worried about the machine. I have been trying to wipe all the oil that the manual soaked up and cleaning the machine so I haven't had a chance to see it it will sew. Then we had company! Anyway, there were regular 15x1 needles in the cabinet drawers, which worried me - then I found a receipt for $42 from 1976 for re-timing the machine. I took out the needle and sure enough it was a 15x1 - not a 206x13 - which means the machine was re-timed or someone who didn't know what they were doing tried using that needle! Now, I have a few minutes I will finish cleaning the lint, etc., out then see if the machine will sew with my 319w bobbin case! Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me!

Nancy
You remember the seat I redid right? It was vinyl and terrible:< Now it's cute. How about this? Put them on the curb and put an ad on CL saying they're in bad condition, but free. You won't have to deal with meeting people etc. and I would bet you someone claims them to refinish. And you won't have to pay to dump them. What do you guys pay up there? I think our fee is $7 or so....

I hope it wasn't retimed for the 15x1 needles..yikes. But, if all the discs etc. are with it, it was worth the $ and the trip. If Cathy doesn't have an extra you can check Sew Classic. I know they're available on ebay for $15 or so.