View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
kristakz

Default How would you finish quilting this?

My watercolour star is almost done. I have quilted the star - with feathers out along each point. And the background - with wavy lines, that follow the direction of the star points. But now I don't know what to do with the borders. I thought about straight stitching, echoing the blue border. But I don't think I like how that will cut the star off. And the straight lines after all the freeform seems wrong.
I considered 45 degree angles, meeting in a V in the center of each side. But again - straight lines don't seem right, plus the angles will be all off against the wavy lines.
Maybe feathers - but I think I'm feathered out at this point.

So, what would you do in the last part of this quilt? Here are some pictures, which I hope help you to see what I have already done.
The whole quilt - but I don't know if you can really see the quilting in this one. [ATTACH=CONFIG]337378[/ATTACH]
A closeup, showing one point with the feathers, and the border around it. Notice how the wavy lines change angle to follow the direction of the next point.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337377[/ATTACH]
And a picture of one corner of the backing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337379[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails small_p5220044.jpg   small_p5220042.jpg   small_p5220045.jpg