Thread: shark machine
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 05:19 AM
vicki reno

I got one 3 Christmases ago. For the most part, I am happy with it. I DO NOT like the drop in bobbin. Much prefer the kind with a bobbin case. My machine is capable of stitching fast, or should be, except the bobbin mechanism keeps jumping out of place. At first I thought I was using the wrong size bobbin, and that was why. But it happens no matter what size I use. Also the bobbin mechanism is all plastic--the little piece that the bobbin sits in is plastic, and because the bloomin thing jumps out in the middle of sewing, I have lots of tiny needle holes in it. You have no warning when this happens and by the time the machine can be stop, you have sewed right through the little plastic dealie. I have not put it in a shop or contacted Shark. I really didn't figure it would do any good.
I DO love all the decorative stitches and have enjoyed embellishing lots of my quilts with them. For your money, you get tons more stitches than with the Bernina and that was what I wanted. Overall, though I am disappointed with the problems with the bobbin.