Old 05-23-2012, 05:19 AM
twoxover

Originally Posted by morelcabin View Post
Well I worked in a sewing machine repair shop and learned that sometimes these things take time, a month is not that bad considering she had to order the part and they sent her the wrong one which means she had to reorder. It sometimes takes us weeks to get a part in. You have to keep in mind that yours is not the ONLY machine in there for repairs...she couldn't help that Janome sent the wrong part the first time. Be patient, you should get it back soon, going in there and raising feathers is not going to help you, they will only get to know you as someone they don't want to deal with and good luck the next time. It took me two months once to get an automatic threader replaced on my machine...and I worked there!
Be kind to your repair people, they are usually doing thier best.
I really hear what Tammy has written. i don't necessarily agree wtih going in and knocking heads together, but i do think stopping in and politely asking about the status of the machine will help. also, if they have not offerred you a loaner, perhaps you can ask if they have one available???