Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 AM
Toni C

Originally Posted by twoxover View Post
i do know of two other bernina dealers. my concern is that if I buy this machine, will the other dealers honor the warrentee and be helpful, or is it a case of "you really need to have bought it here for me to take care of you". sigh. I need to be honest, 2000+ for a sewing machine is a HUGE thing for me. to not have good back up is scary. As I said, i can buy the viking and most likely be very very happy.
I bought my first embroidery machine at The International Houston Quilt Show never thinking about lessons or care. The dealer was about 2 hrs away. After I found a dealer not 12 miles from me (has since closed) that when I asked her if I could take lessons when she gives her next class could I join in she said "you should have bought it from me." I explained I didn't even know she was there and would pay for the lessons but was refused. I vowed then never to buy impulse,always buy from close by dealer.If you are given an opportunity to get your money back I would.Find a nearby dealer with that money and go from there.