View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 06:50 AM
quiltgal

I go to about 5 each year. I am in several groups and each one is different. One about 3 hours drive away is at a real nice comfortable place and you bring what you want to work on with all meals provided. Fabric is available right there in case you forgot something or need something to try out a block that you saw there. Another closer to home is small (12 people max) and it is comfortable, but you have to bring all your food and cook your meals. We had a schedule so that no one had to plan or make more than 1 meal for the 3 days. It worked out well! Another one is about 2 hours drive away and you bring what you want to work on and short classes on a technique or a block are available and optional to participate in. Food is provided and you walk to the other building (so you get some exercise) when it is time to eat. We also for all three bring snacks that are available in case you get hungry off schedule. I always get a lot done and also have enough room to layout a big quilt so that I can check it before sewing together or layout the back to be big enough to fit. Have been going for over 12 years and I would not miss them now!