View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 07:44 AM
works4me

Hi all, took a few days off. A lot seems to have happened while I was away.

QuiltE - Thanks for keeping the Welcome Wagon going.

leggz48 - Glad you were able to find more of the fabric. The other project sounds like a good cause. We'll be here to cheer you on when you get back to us.

debquilts2 - Good to have you along. Small is good and small gets finished.

Jenniky - looks great.

bmwolfensberger - Sounds good. We love to see progress photos. Will you be doing #3 with us?

Muv - Gorgeous.

ghostrider - we look forward to seeing what you come up with but don't lose sleep on our account.

gardnergal970 - looks wonderful. Keep it going and we'll be here to cheer you on.

Me, I finished my mystery quilt block completely so can now move on to the Canada D'Eh quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]337472[/ATTACH]This is what has been holding me up. I'm not thrilled with it so I was dragging my heels on finishing. But, I have a policy that one doesn't get started until the other is finished so had to get my rear in gear.

Finished the centre of the Canada quilt. [ATTACH=CONFIG]337473[/ATTACH]I used gardnergal's method of sewing the fabric to the back of the centre and cutting diagonally. That way, I was sewing straight lines the whole time. It worked out to be an exact 12-1/2inch square at the end which is what I need. Managed to also get my white sqares cut out, my red maple leaves cut and fused to the white squares so I'm doing well now. Need to play with scraps to decide how I want to applique everything. Would love to hand applique but don't think my hands will take it and I don't think I have the time. We'll see. But not until at least this coming weekend.

Good to have everyone on board. Keep up all the great work.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-hanging.jpg   canada-deh-centre-1-.jpg