Old 05-23-2012, 08:01 AM
BuzzinBumble

What a lot of great input! I'm now looking at all three of these models! They are all beautiful and you're right harrishs that it would be nice if i could try them out first. Darren I LOVE my daughter's Rocketeer, but don't really need all those fancy features. Also I read on here somewhere that a machine dedicated to straight stitch tends to do a more perfect straight stitch than a machine that also does zigzag stitches.

I found an interesting article about FMQ on vintage machines: http://reviews.ebay.com/Free-Motion-...00000003585145 She did not recommend doing a lot of quilting with the 301 or the featherweight, stating that they were too lightweight and the harp space was too small. Candace and harrishs, do you agree?

Are the terms harp and throat used interchangeably?

I do have what is probably a silly question about the 15-91. Does the light and cord on the back get in the way very much? And does it provide ample illumination over the stitching area in the front? Joe and MissKira, what do you think about your machine's lighting? Is that a 201 in your icon Joe, because it is gorgeous!

Would any of you be so kind as to measure your machine and let me know what the size of the space under the throat/harp is? (width and also height under the throat would be quite helpful information)
Thanks everyone!
On to craigslist!