View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:24 AM
WTxRed

Hi Mary - welcome! I started making quilts a few months ago in November. I went big. And I went with a pattern that intrigued me. I made a queen size labyrinth (by Debbie Maddy). Big pieces, good instructions, picked my own colors, sewed to my heart's content. Another, in my opinion, real easy quilt was my 2nd one - Radiant by Cozy Quilt shop. Another queen, another with big pieces. Again I picked my own fabrics/colors. I decided big pieces and big quilts are a little more forgiving for that initial lack of accuracy that some of us may have / had. I've got pics of those posted on here under this link, http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...s-t183447.html

I have also done a One Block Wonder (LOVE IT) and a radiant sunshine shadow 9-patch ... 2-1/2 inch finished blocks which was certainly more challenging.... as well as a few others tossed in here and there. Find a pattern you like - read it start to finish and ask questions about what doesn't make sense to you at that time.

Don't be intimidated by how things 'look' finished. Envision in your mind's eye how you want it to look and go for it!

Know no fear! (Course with that you have to own a really good seam ripper :-) )

Good luck - follow your heart!