Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 AM
janRN

Wendiq, first off you are not "obsolete"!! I understand what you're feeling. I worked full-time for 40+ years and semi-retired 3 yrs ago. I felt totally irrelevant. There was no validation. I felt like I was just taking up space on this planet and not giving anything back. I whined, and moaned, and pouted around for about a month. Then I thought "screw it!"--I contributed to society for all those years it's MY time now. No, my family doesn't want my quilts, I do donate lots to charities, etc. But now I quilt for ME. I'm making a Toucan block that has about 200 little pieces. Why? Because I want to. Do what you want--not what you think other people do or do not want. If there are 100 quilts in the closet when I die, so be it. At least I learned something making each of them and enjoyed my time my way. Hang in here with us--we really appreciate your work and input. Whine to us, bitch to us and we'll either whine or bitch back or try to laugh you out of your funk. Please know you are valued!!