Old 05-23-2012, 10:25 AM
wordpaintervs

IF the time ever comes, when I run out of the cash in my non-profit checking account for my Dolls For Sick Kids, I may consider having to sell a doll or so, now and then, for money to replenish the account for the supplies that aren't donated and that I run out of from time to time. So far, haven't had to do a great deal of that, but when I mail the dolls, it costs me $20 plus per doll. (Dolls are large and require my 'buying a mailing box'. It costs $25 to $30 per girl doll for fabric and trim (outdoor dresses I have fabric for at this point...other then trims) if I don't have the fabrics to begin with, and at least $15 for the dolls. For the girls it takes 12 to 16 hours of work to complete each one. IF I have to resort to selling any of the dolls, I'd have to include the postage in the dolls prices. At my age of almost 72, I hope that will not become a necessity. Used to be it was all out of pocket, and there were much less dolls given, but thanks to overwhelming generosity in some cash and fabric, trim donations, 100 dolls have already found a home with a child to love. Please understand, I am not asking for help, and just showing the overall picture. Ladies continue to help and myself and the 'mothers' and father/brothers to these dolls appreciate all that is being done on their behalf. You are the angels to support and encourage as you do, and I am grateful to be able to still make these dolls. Thanks to all of you out there.