Thread: Janome Mc9500
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 06:39 AM
dreamdanzzer

I have the MC 9000 and the MC9500 and I love both machines - Janome's are workhorses. I use both machines for quilting and embroidery and have never had a problem with either one of them, other than the auto threader getting out of alignment now & then. I have done piecing, quilt in the ditch and even some free motion (let's call that "practice art") :lol: with both my machines. I have quilted the smaller crib to queen size and pieced a king size on both machines. I am going to sell the 9000, only because I don't need two machines that do embroidery and am looking to purchase another Janome that I will be able to use with a handiquilter frame that I also plan to purchase this year. I hadn't sewn a thing since 7th grade when I bought the 9000 & got it because I wanted to embroidery ~ then I made my first quilt and I was hooked. Wanted larger embroidery area so got the 9500 and haven't stopped since but since I don't think I'm ever going to get the hang of the free motion my plan is to move into a quilt frame & neither the 9000 or 9500 have the throat space I want then. Use the embroidery feature - you'll be hooked. I think I initially embroideried everything my family owns unless they hid it someplace!