View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 11:53 AM
Georgiegirl2012

Default A newbie from Wales - UK

Hello everybody
My name is Margaret and I live in a town called Cwmbran in South Wales, UK. I've sewed since my teens (I've recently turned 45) but am one of the least productive people I know. I have two sons, 24 and 21 (nearly) and neither of them have ever received a quilt from me. Although there is a quilt I've been making since the eldest was about 2 or 3.

I go through phases of sewing or knitting or paper crafting, but I would say that sewing is my first love.

As I have about a squillion unfinished items I thought that buying a new machine would be the ideal way to give me the incentive to finish some of them. So tomorrow I am due to take delivery of a brand spanking new Husqvarna Viking (or maybe Viking Husqvarna) Sapphire 875Q. I have already nicknamed her Saffy.

Unfortunately I am also one of the messiest folk on the planet so am desperately trying to clear enough space in my dining room, which doubles as my sewing/craft room to house it. I have been greatly inspired the pictures of the newly organised sewing spaces that some of you have posted.

Hopefully I will be able to share some of my finished creations with you before too long.