Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Ok Candace just got me in trouble - again!

I just picked up this 306w! I don't want the cabinet - we will probably make a dump haul with it! The machine looks to be a very good shape, but it is missing its bobbin case! What is it with these bobbin cases? I only gave $25 for the machine without the bobbin case! I know the 206, 306, 319 all take a special 'L' bobbin, special 206x13 needles - so I assume the bobbin case will be hard to find! I was not willing to pay more than $25 without the case! The cabinet was full of stuff! A buttonholer, 9 feet, a couple slide plates, and 7 fashion disks so the machine was worth the price. Besides, I have a bobbin case for my 319w, so I can use either machine - the problem is a friend wants this 306w to put in a treadle so I will need to find a bobbin case! http://sacramento.craigslist.org/atq/3030319283.html

Nancy
So when you take a cabinet to the dump(ster) do you remove the drawers?? I was conversing with an antique/vintage store owner and she said she has such a hard time selling vintage machines, but the old cabinet drawers sell like hotcakes!! They are used as shelving on walls. This is in my neck of the woods. Don't know about other areas, but I was surprised!!