Old 05-23-2012, 01:34 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Oh WendiQ ... I so agree with what the others have already said, so I'll try not to repeat it to much. And will try to give you a little more spin on it! I am somewhat an orphan ... no husband (passed), no kids (never had any), no parents (passed too), virtually no ILs (I say they "divorced" me when my husband died), and yes, I have siblings (have being the operative word and not much beyond that).

So it's all about me me me!!! Well kinda, sorta! My quilting is for me ... my release. I tend not make a quilt for an end purpose ... I let it talk to me as I make it and sometimes it's just for me. Sometimes as I go along, I decide, oh this would be perfect for this person, group, etc. I don't like the pressure of knowing it has to match to someone else's desires so that's the way it is. After I'm gone ... who knows maybe I'll have dispersed the quilts before then? In the meantime working on them gives me great joy, and a tremendous release from life about me ... or life not about me, whichever way I see it at the time.

Whatever you do ... please don't go poof on us! We enjoy your being with us all too much! And please remember, that even if you don't continue to do the PC blocks, you can still hang out with us ... we need all the support, encouragement and guidance we can get as we go along this dusty ol' trail!