View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
MrsBoats

Default Meet Patty, my new white FW!

I've been keeping an eye out for one for awhile. When I first decided I wanted one, I was astounded at the prices-way more than the black ones are going for! So I watched, and I waited, and I figured eventually I'd find one I could afford. Then I saw one posted on eBay as a buy-it-now for $75. *That* I could do, so I snagged it. (The seller later told me he'd posted it less than 15 minutes before I bought it!)

Poor Patty came with nothing-no case, no accessories. The seller didn't advertise the manual, but said he found it after the sale, so he tossed it in. I'm debating on whether to buy a repro case and recover it in the aqua and white, or make a bag, but I'm leaning toward making a bag.

She's been cleaned and oiled, and she sews a beautiful stitch! Her serial number is EV929628. According ISMACS charts, that makes her date May 1964, but those same charts also say she should be a 328k, so now I have no idea. Anyone have any enlightenment on the subject?

I'm calling her Patty, because she's the color of pale green that home made peppermint patties are, from using real mint syrup.
Attached Thumbnails patty01.jpg   patty02.jpg