Old 05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
irishrose

Speaking of bobbins, I brought the Touch & Sew from my church home with me to try to get it sewing. It's a 639 and fills the bobbin while in the machine. I haven't tried that yet. It also has a chain stitch and, yippee, it's a straight stitch only machine which is what I want it to be. I just read a 48 page manual online so I'm ready see if it will behave better than it did last week. Two piece plastic bobbins.

The Pfaff was made in West Germany, model 4B. After cleaning and oiling, it sewed by hand, but screamed when the foot pedal was used. Had to be the motor - nope - the belt was so stretched that I had to drop the motor to take up the slack, then it sewed nicely. Not as quiet as my Elna, but a lot of the noise is because it is in a plastic base sitting on a plastic table. It also hasn't been used in a while. I bought a new belt as it's belt is all cracked and almost broken, but the biggest one my LQS has wasn't quite big enough even with the motor raised up. Sew-classic, here I come.

I found multiple buttonholers today - Giest, Singer and, whohoo, Montgomery Wards for the machine 15 clone I purchased. The prerequsite rufflers, etc.

Sorry, Dan, the industrial machines sold quickly so I never saw them. One was a bartacker and one was a double needle machine.