Old 05-24-2012, 03:11 AM
DebbieKT

Originally Posted by nhweaver View Post
We just got back from New Hampshire where I spent a couple of hours in Keepsake Quilting in Center Harbor, New Hampshire looking at all the notions that I only see in catalogs and online. I picked up a 9.5" square "the cutting Edge sharpening Ruler by Sullivan". It has a diamond carbide edge with helps keep the rotary blade sharp as you cut. I just started using it and I think it does work. My next purchase will be the 6" x 24" ruler. I have tried sharpening tools on my rotary blade and didn't like them. I hate throwing away a blade when it begins to skip - they cost so much and it seems like I am being wasteful. Has anyone used the Sullivan's sharpening ruler? What do you think?
Only a couple of hours at Keepsake Quilting?? What willpower! Love that shop!! They are conveniently located 1/2 way beween home and camp (well, only 1/2 off the highway!) so whenever we can get an early start I get to stop and shop! DH keeps threatening to tie a rope to my ankel so he can pull me out of there!