View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 AM
AshleyR

I obviously don't plan on doing anything fancy on the LA, just practicing loops and "C"'s and "L"'s and maybe trying a panto.
The shop is one of my favorite places to go to. I've been going there since I was in High School, and have made friends with the sales rep there. Her daughter is the one who is in charge of the LA so they don't mind if I ask a bunch of stupid questions. I will send her a message later asking if there is a class and if I could use the thread. I was just hoping someone on the forum could tell me if it's a good idea or not.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by ckcowl View Post
so---the $8 an hour is a good deal- but it can take an hour just to get loaded - if it's a large quilt-
my machine is very picky about threads- i require you use the threads i have available- and order the colors a customer wants.
if you want to just 'try it out' to see if you like the process you could probably just go in & take the class that teaches you how to use the machine- & see if the process is fun or 'not your cup of tea' i took my first class i was told you could easily quilt a queen sized quilt in 3-4 hours---i've been quilting for 9 years now- and still have never been able to do that! i spend anywhere from 5-15 hours quilting a quilt on a fairly normal basis.