View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 AM
charity-crafter

My problem stems from when I change brands or bottles of spices, remember how some spices have small holes and other spices have a lid you can dip your spoon into. I always forget and grab the new bottle without checking the hole size, I once put in 1/2 a bottle of some spice. I forget which. I scooped off as much as I could and put it into another bottle, then realized I had the completely wrong spice-I think it was cinamon instead of what ever I was looking for. Dh came down stairs and asked me why I was washing the already cooked chicken.

In chinese cooking cinammon, ginger, anise is for savory foods-Dh won't eat anything sweet with cinamon....it's just not right to his taste buds.

It happens to all of us. Good thing you had a carry out place near by. Thanks for sharing.

Once I ate at a friends house and she was a new cook. The recipe called for 2 cups chopped red peppers-with the understanding it was sweet red peppers. She went to the market and picked up the only red peppers she could find-those fireary hot ones. We make sure to eat before we go to her house for meals.