Old 05-24-2012, 09:00 AM
SewExtremeSeams

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Thanks!!! You have some excellent suggestions! I was thinking of taking my old padded bras hardware off to reuse.
I recently purchased some elastic for bras (FOE, strap, and the other needed one) and fabric. I have enough to make several, and I purchase enough for trial and error. I found a Jalie video tutorial on bra making which looks super easy, an inspiration. I was going to use their pattern for my first homemade bra. I do like your idea of taking a bra that I like apart to use as a pattern. I might just do that for my second bra.

Thanks for posting! I agree that there aren't too many folks out there making their own bras. I did find some blogs that some have posted on their achievements, which is also an inspiration and help. I feel like I treading into unknown territory of the sewing world; at least for me it is a new endeavor or challenge.

I'll let you know how it goes!

Would either of you mind if I started a thread over in general chit chat? I think it is a great topic and we could learn from one another. It is a territory I've not ventured into and the guys might like it if we took it elsewhere..