View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:06 AM
debcavan
Power Poster

Default A new way to stencil

I made the top years ago. I used the oil stick paints, pastel oil stick paints from Hobby Lobby or Walmart. I wanted to stencil but I didn't want those white lines inbetween the pieces. I took my outline and put it on a manilla folder in a piece the exact size of shape of my block including seams. I numbered both my copy and the manilla copy so I would know how my "puzzle" went back together. I cut my puzzle apart. I covered an insulation piece with fabric. I put my fabric block down, assembled my "puzzle" on my block pinning it down.. Then each piece was removed and stenciled and then replaced one at a time. When I had them assembled nicely I got no white lines between the pieces. You put all pieces of the "puzzle" on the fabric including the background.

I have had this top done for years. It was before I knew to measure for borders not just sew them on and cut. They weren't bad but off a little. Then I added a 2.5 polyester batting on top of cotton to make things really puff. So it was a little scary trying not to get tucks but went alright. My stack of UFO's is going down.
Attached Thumbnails dscf2049.jpg   dscf2051.jpg   dscf2052.jpg  

Last edited by debcavan; 05-24-2012 at 09:07 AM. Reason: correction