View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 09:56 AM
Sierra

Beth, we are close to being neighbors (when you are in Tahoe)! Do you ever go to the Whistle Stop in Colfax (down I-80 from you)? I live in New Castle but go up there because our wonderful quilt shop in Auburn closed (they desperately wanted to retire and no one was willing to buy during the economic downturn). There is a store in South Lake Tahoe that I went to on my birthday last year that I really loved. I have to google the area to remember what the name was. DH bought me 12 mimbas (? Native American Indian designs) and I need to get them put together into a quilt. The owner (I think) was sooo nice and helpful! I find that a few quilt shops leave me cold, but most have some element that makes them very special.

I've been gone several months (anniversary trip with DH). We have a small QB group that meets in the top of our barn (a craft room up there) and you are welcome to try us out if you would like. We are meeting June 6 at 10:00 to about 2:00 or 3:00. My phone # is 510 415 7371. We all seem to have a different approach to quilting so that makes it even more fun. Before I left we were meeting once a month. If you are in the area, check in and perhaps you can come by!

Sierra (yes, no one had taken the simple version when I signed up!)