Old 05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
J Miller

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
hi joe,

i have 2 felt wicks in my 15-91. i didn't see any info about them in my instruction booklet so really didn't know what they were for. so from this post i am assume they are necessary and serve a function. i know my book said to oil there though i'm not sure if the wicks should be changed often.
If you are talking about the felt wicks in the motor grease pots, those are leaverights. Leave her right there. Fill the pots with Singer Motor Lube and put the caps back on just like it says in the owners manual.

Otherwise I can't visualize where there would be felt wicks on a 15-91. Can you elaborate?

The felt wicks I was referring too are on the bobbin carrier latch. They lube the oscillating hook as it oscillates.

If you'll go to { http://www.tfsr.org/publications/tec...machine_manual } and read the section about the bobbins and lower tension you'll see the part about the wicks.
It just so happens all but one of my machines are missing that part, and on the one that has one, it is pretty worn out.

Joe