Old 05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Candace

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 View Post
I posted a picture of my featherweight quite close to the start of this thread of over 871 pages ..... Yesterday & today I have spent many hours trying to find a basic clean up process for it on these pages. I have watched some wonderful youtube videos but they're for vintage machines.... is there some place on this section that is dedicated to strictly the featherweight? So far every place that I have managed to open on my machine is nice & clean, except tonight I vacuumed out the accumulated dust under the feed dog area. My machine looks like it is stitching perfectly but once the area is finished & I look at it, it seems to be a little gathered. I am not wanting to take all the front tension disks off if at all possible. Can someone please post to show me where to be looking here for specifically the Featherweight, rather than just other vintage machines?
Did you use the search feature on this forum above to do a search? How about google? There are many threads on FW's here, though I'm not certain about one that focuses on cleaning a FW. Most of the threads on cleaning vintage machines are for general vintage machines. Meaning the tips and hints can be carried over to all vintage machines. I would imagine there has to be a site on the internet, that focuses on FW cleaning, though.