Old 05-24-2012, 05:39 PM
chris_quilts

Hey all, I'm back. Daughter graduated from high school and I survived the in-laws visits. MIL now stands for martyr-in-law in my book cuz that's what she is. Sorry to have been gone for so long and not answered the questions about Fritz.

As to Fritz- I don't know the year of manufacture but guess early 50s and the silver knob thingy is the stitch regulator. That can be interesting because if it is not set correctly, you can do some zigzagging, then straight stitching, then back to zigzagging, then straight and on and on and on ad infinitum. He is a very handsome machine and I figured sonce the vintage machines seemed to be breeding like bunnies, I needed at least one manly male machine to be the daddy of the bunch. The bobbins for Fritz are interchangeable with both my 301 and my 2 FWs. I mostly keep forgetting that but occasionally use a bobbin from Fritz's stash for the 301. Fritz is a true gentleman and came with almost 20 bobbins.

DH bought me a 2nd FW for mother's day plus a vintage quilt - a Sunbonnet Sue and Sam. Please refresh my memory as to where the serial numbers are located on the FW. I can't seem to find it but lately couldn't find my way out of a wet paper bag due to exhaustion.

Last edited by chris_quilts; 05-24-2012 at 05:41 PM.