Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
Okay, I'll tell ALL..... Found more information on bra making. Since seam allowances is 1/4", I was going to use my Eldredge Two Spools since it has that perfect 1/4" foot. For the zigzagging portions of the bra making, I'll be using my Necchi Supernova Ultra in treadle. I now have all materials and pattern ready, just researching a bit more before I start sewing.
Monica, I love my Two Spools, and all my treadles. I am using my Singer 15-88 treadle right now for a lot of FM quilting. I am fickle, I love which ever machine I am using at the time I am using it. But, I am not sure I'd want to make a bra on the Two Spools, or any of my treadles without reverse. I make quilts all the time on my treadles. I usually never use an electric machine when I am at home sewing, but that is because I don't make clothes anymore. I think if I were going to make a bra, I'd have to use my Pfaff 130, or the Singers - 301, 401a, 503a, maybe a 15 or 99, or I could use my 319w in treadle because it does reverse and fancy stitches. I know people 'had' to deal with not having a reverse! I can deal with that too! But to make a bra, I'd probably use a newer 'vintage machine' just so it had reverse to lock those stitches down! It sounds like too much work for a treadle without reverse. I know, all the ways to lock a stitch on a treadle - but, why do that when you have some vintage electric machines that would be easier to use on that project?

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 05-25-2012 at 05:20 AM.