View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 05:47 AM
works4me

dublb - potholder it shall be then. How about a matching apron?

Jenniky - I love how your mystery turned out. Yes, I love dragons. Have forever, as long as I've loved Halloween.

Muv - looking forward to our surprise. And thank you for the Victoria Day wishes. I will probably be dead before they have an Elizabeth Day. Too bad, as she is an amazing woman. Very stable and strong.

I just did a trial run of the applique. I have 60 different stitches on my machine and this is the first time I will use one other than the straight stitch. For buttonholes I use my "old" machine, a metal Kenmore from about 1980. Still going strong. Have decided stitch length and width and have decided to add a piece of foundation paper underneath for added stability. The only place this will really be needed is the stems. Judging by how many times the machine goes over one spot I need to go out and buy more red thread.

Realized the pattern calls for 10-1/2 inch blocks. So, I will have to do a little more adapting as I will be using 12-1/2 inch blocks. Just means I need to figure out my setting triangle sizes. That should be pretty easy, I hope. One step at a time.