View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 06:25 AM
Laura22

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
... I have been really fortunate to have found a new quilt shop here in Austin that is extremely kid friendly. That's a huge deal...

This is a huge deal. Last fall my daughter and I (and two year old grandson who learned to say Fat Quarter) spent September participating in "Quilt Across Texas". Goodness, we visited between 30 and 40 quilt shops. To this day I've only returned to the stores that were 'kid friendly'.

Your 'grown up' quilt is so pretty. Love the colors. Love the quilting. Love that you used your grey backing on the 'wrong' side because you like the texture. Lots of things I do when I quilt, I do because I like it.
So true SheriR, there are lots of shops here that have a little play area set up for kids but still the employees look at me like I'm bringing fabric eating space aliens into their shop instead of toddlers. There are a few that sort of welcome the kids but they often feel more like they are barely tolerating them. Within two visits to Remnants, Jessica, the owner, knew my kids by name and they would run in and hug her. They used to hate going fabric shopping, now they ask if we can go see Ms. Jessica please.