View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
dublb

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
What a nice twist on the Mystery block ... are those dragons? If so, W4Me will be impressed!
I'm sure you are starting to miss your DD already. Maybe
DublB could become her Texas Mom?
LOL The wall hanging is the mystery from the train. The same one that Works4Me just finished. We added dragons to our square to make it a longer wall hanging to put over her bed. My dd is moving to Amarillo so I dont know how close that is to where Dublb is... I have the feeling I will be taking a lot more road trips...to Tx..though. Haha! So the last clue for my mystery patriotic quilt was posted this morning. I almost had the guess correct except its eight blocks across and starts with a 16 patch..I had it starting with an X square. Taking a short break from working on dgs nap quilt. Im pulling yarn through to tie it together and dd is helping me. We are having to use a pair of pliers to pull the needle through all the layers. The material for the binding should be done washing so I guess I will go check on it. Iron and cut my binding strips then I will hand sew the binding on. I find I get better results that way. Hopefully Monday I will be able to start sewing the squares together on my patriotic mystery quilt. Im still behind on dh's quilt but Im sure to get caught up next week.

*** Oh and Dublb I think a matching Apron would be wonderful.[/QUOTE]

If ya git on I87 & go south till ya git ta Lamesa, then take Hwy 349 south till ya git ta Midland. (Ya might want ta take the loop around Lubbock though.) It takes about 4 hours. This summer we went to Palo Duro Canyon which is just south of Amarillo. If you git a chance be sure & go there. The Grand Canyon is the only bigger canyon in the US! Wow what a place! Imagine travelin' in a covered wagon across miles & miles of plains & suddenly ta come across this great big canyon right under your feet.