View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 01:49 PM
MaggieMeg

Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
Okay, let's say this Lone Star quilt has taken me way too long to get done. But, the results are well worth the wait, I think. This is Nan and Joe's quilt - this is my second quilt for them. It is always a pleasure to work with Nan and Joe - they are the sweetest couple and the nicest people you will ever meet. Plus, they have been so patient with me. Thank you!

I used a combination of wool and Hobbs 80/20 for the batting. I used So Fine, and Glide thread for the top and lots of it! This quilt took me 70 hours to quilt.

This is my first time quilting a Lone Star Quilt and at first I was a little intimidated. I wasn't sure how I was going to quilt it. I wanted it to be unique and all my own, plus I knew that I needed to have a lot of quilting in the quilt because that is what I do and what Joe and Nan like. So, I stared at the quilt for several months, then realized I better just get going on it. All the quilting designs were designed as the quilt was on the racks.

Each design is different and free hand motion quilted on my A-1 Long Arm.
Oh my goodness!!!! That is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Would love to have one like that!