Old 05-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Dolphyngyrl

Originally Posted by DonnaC View Post
Now, I know that posting this question will get me fifty different answers (LOL), but here goes. For those who use a die-cutting machine, do you find that certain dies are more useful than others?

I have an older Sizzix die-cutter (the Big Shot), and they (Sizzix.com) are running a free shipping deal this weekend. I've got a set of long-discontinued quilting dies for applique shapes that works really well with the Sizzix, but I'm thinking some geometric dies would be nice to have. There's a big variety (squares, triangles, strips, etc.) but I'm not sure what I would use most. I generally cut strips with the June Tailor shape-cut ruler, and I do have some Martelli templates for squares, so I'm kind of leaning toward rectangles.

Any thoughts? (Unfortunately Sizzix doesn't make a rag quilt die; guess I will have to try AccuQuilt for that one, but they never seem to have free shipping on their website...)
Sizzix does make a rag quilt die but you need the big shot pro to use it. I just got the drunkards path dies and I like them. Also I would think HST would also come in handy. You might want to consider investing in the pro because you can use both sizzix and accuquilt dies on the sizzix pro. just think of quilts you make a lot or have your favorite pattern and get dies for that