Old 05-25-2012, 07:17 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by pfroggg View Post
Hi Nancy,

I would have guessed 24x1 too, but would have to check. Re bird nests, these little beasts are tricky to get to sew properly, and it may well be something else that is causing them. Personally, I would just take it to Cathy! She is really good at getting ornery little machines to sew.

pat
Yes Pat, I know Cathy would be able to get this machine going in a flash, but Cathy is up to her eyeballs in boxes! She just got moved and won't be able to do anything for a while!

I am not afraid to tackle this machine myself, I just want to make sure I have the correct needle for this machine before I start tearing it apart! It is a little confusing as ISMACS says to use the 16x1 and other places say to use the same needle that the Singer 20 - the 24x1 - uses! I was hoping someone on here would know for sure what needle actually is suppose to be used with this little Damascus. I think I saw some of them at the last TOGA Cathy had? I just hoped you knew! It would be so much easier if I knew I had the right needle in before I start messing with the mechanics of this machine!

I will wait until I can ask Cathy, I bet she at least knows what needle is correct!

Nancy