View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Leena I can really relate to your story. I did go to a one room school house for the first two years of school. I remember we had a light pole in the yard and we kids would put our ears to it to hear the hum. We thought we were hearing people in hell talking lol.

I would find kittens in the loft above my grandpa's tool shed and spend hours trying to coax them down the stairs to play with me. We climbed up on the hay bales and there would be cats sleeping in them. We spent many hours playing with barn cats.

My grandpa's chicken house was long and wide and it had a floor of mixed straw and sand. My cousin Jim and I made roads in this and played like it was a sandbox with all his metal tractors and dump trucks etc. We weren't allowed to go in there when Grandpa had a bull in the one half of that building. He would put one in there when he was getting ready to take it to market. They were usually mean and we were told to stay well clear of him.

I grew up playing with the pigs and the calves and dogs and cats of course. My grandpa had a really big dog probably had great dane in him and I use to ride him back to the back pasture with my grandpa to go bring up the cows for milking. His name was Jack. How's that for exercising my brain? LOL That was 50 yrs ago! Surprised I still remember his name.

My grandma had a full kitchen in the basement where she did her canning. They also had the tv in the basement. So grandma and I would make popcorn balls and sit with grandpa and watch tv and eat popcorn balls. Such wonderful memories!

Last edited by Rhonda; 05-26-2012 at 06:17 AM.