Old 05-26-2012, 06:31 AM
JanieW

Originally Posted by QuiltingNinaSue View Post
Yep, QuiltE, I have made lots of lemonade, but no hard cider...that's the way it has been with 46 years of marriage and working full time. Sometimes dh wasn't worth 2 cents and other times a million or two. That's life, I guess.

Neither one of us is perfect and that is why the FWSQ has two blocks included: one contrary husband, one contrary wife. We know where our children got it from. At least, we kept it in the same household.

On that note, off to the quilting room and count my blessings. Thanks everyone for the kind words on QB for everyone; love everyone of you.
What a wonderful post, QNS. You really summed it up. I love your attitude. Thank you for posting this today.

As I am waiting for my 4 year old twin grandsons to come and pick me up to go to the farmer's market this morning, I am really touched by your words.

I am having my own issues with an elderly parent. My situation is somewhat dysfunctional as it has been forever. It is really touching to know that I am not the only one who sews for therapy. Right now I am working on my preemie quilts as well as a baby quilt for my DIL's friend who is having an at risk pregnancy. Putting together these quilts is keeping me relatively sane.

It is so comforting to know there are others who understand.

Thanks to you all. Big hugs for everyone,

Janie