View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 07:46 AM
stefanib123

I'm so glad I posted, you guys always make me feel better!!! I've been so stressed with the move and everything, I can't see the forest for the trees!

Everyone has great ideas! I'm making a list of everyone's suggestions. This thread could so be a chapter in a sewing book! Chapter 7: How to quilt in a small space! You guys are so knowledgeable!

I actually have an "extra" bedroom that my son moved back into....with his fiancee and baby! Honestly, though, I'll lose that space anyday to have my first grandbaby here everyday. He's a joy, even with his stuff everywhere. It's been 20 + years since I've had baby stuff around and it's really nice in a way. Plus baby quilts are a breeze to make so I can bang out several and feel like I really accomplished something, hehe!

We decided that instead of the new room being a well, "new" room, we will add it to the sunroom instead and have a big room. The majority of that will be mine, just have to leave the futon and perphaps a chest or something. Even with sharing it will be way bigger than I had, or need.

It is exciting planning it!! I love the sunroom feel, I also am a amateur phtographer, and the light is awesome for that and for quilting! I will still have one long regular wall that is going to be entirely cabinets and shelves. Storage!! And I want a "U" shaped sewing/cutting/ironing space so I can do it all without having to get up.

I also am having a yard sale to get rid of some of my scrapbooking stuff. I still scrapbook, but not like I used to, so a lot of that can go. I do feel like a hoarder somedays!!! I hate watching that show, I have to go clean everytime I watch it, LOL!!!

Sunliten, that's a great idea! LOL! Actually, I think I will do that in the garage, that's his space, he could care less about the kitchen. I could use his worktable as a cutting table, his pegboard would be great for tools, ........hmmmm....this is sounding great! Alas, no air or heat out there, though, I'd die of a heat stoke!

Thanks everyone, so much! I guess I partly just needed to vent and have someone understand, you know? I feel selfish griping about not having a dedicated sewing space when there's people that don't even have a home. You guys help me to stay focused on what matters, and that I am lucky enough to have all my stuff and to sew at all! Even if it's not perfect!