View Single Post
Old 05-26-2012, 08:15 AM
aborning

Originally Posted by MommaDorian View Post
I think I'll do 4". My fabric has a pretty large print, so I don't want to cut it too small and miss a good variety of patterns.
I was thinking 4 or 4 1/2" My LQS did a 4 patch posie a little different method. They stacked the 4 layers of identical fabric pieces and then cut big 9" squares and then cut those squares diagonally both ways and then had 4 different sets of blocks to lay together and each set made a big block that had 4 triangle cuts. It looked very nice--I thought the triangles made it look even more of the kaleisscope look. I think I am giong to cut 9" blocks but I am not sure yet if I am going to then cut them into 4 squares or 4 triangles. I have 7 yards of material so I might cut 2 different sets of 4 of 9" blocks and cut one set in squares and one set in triangels and see what I like the most. The thnk the squares would definitiely sew up quicker --and I am all about making quick simple quilts since my quilting time is so limited--so the 4 squares should be my answer to how I should cut them. My fabric has a larger print than yours. It doesn't really matter what size the finished blocks are--anything goes! I can't wait to see your finished blocks.