Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 AM
katier825

Originally Posted by Prism99
Wow! I love that quilt!

My problem is different, though. I have small amounts of many ugly fabrics. Thinking back, I'm sure these are from the days when quilters were encouraged to enlarge their stashes with "out of the box" selections -- things we wouldn't normally buy. I think if I cut them up into smaller pieces and don't use too many of any one fabric in a scrap quilt, I will be able to gradually use them up. I will have to experiment with the suggestions I found online to see if these fabrics perk up when paired with something else. My challenge now is to see if I can make totally unrelated patterns and colors work together. awghhh...........
I've done better since I stopped trying to MATCH fabrics and started finding fabrics that COMPLEMENT each other. What if you take some of your fabrics and try to figure out what color would look good with each of them...say a yellow would look good. Then find a block pattern that you can use the yellow in, along with the other fabric. Then the yellow is what ties it together, not the other fabric. Sashing is another alternative. :)