Old 05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
greenini

Originally Posted by stitchingpost View Post
Need help, I've been wanting to do this for a long time but always too late iam on my phone ,so I will use friends laptop to do my form, but I see everyone saying they are doing their boxs now don't we have to wait to see what our partner like to have,I never done this before I hope ido the sign up right ,I don't want everyone to be mad at me if I don't do the pm right or the form

A lot of us are kind of compulsive shoppers (who me, I resemble that remark), so if I'm in a store and I see something quilty or sewy, even if I might not need it or use it, I'll pick it up if the cost is good. That way, I've got a good set aside of things to use for SP packages. You can throw in stuff like tissue packages in hand made holders, hand sanitizers, hand lotion etc.

You can use either the priority mail envelopes or medium rate flat boxes, have to send with delivery confirmation.

Lots of us love old or newer quilt magazines, so I usually throw a few of those in. I also have a lot of quilting books, all of which I've read, not all of which I want to keep, those are great too. Most of us will read them even if not keep them and then if you like you can pass them on.

IF you are crafty and feel like it you can include something you make. Some have sent jams, etc, tho I worry about breakage the way the PO throws packages around, but so far no one has had that happen.

You can enclose fabric yardage, fat quarters, small kits like pillow cases or handbag ones, patterns, free handouts from JoAnn's or other sources, thread, machine or hand needles...well those are the kinds of things I generally buy on sale or thru e-bay...I bought my last needles so long ago I don't even remember when it was...

The main things I try to personalize are the candy requests, special requests (the one thing I'd like to have), hand made things, allergan problems (I once had a SP who was allergic to cats, so after checking with her thru Lori, I bought all new things and didn't bring them in our house, so far as I know it worked fine!)..
relax and have fun that's the main thing. I suspect you'll get as addicted as the rest of us...