Old 05-26-2012, 11:32 AM
CAS49OR

I agree, and I think in a computerized machine it would be harder on the motherboard to keep sending that first blast of information through the circuitry. I know when I was a PC tech back in the 90's we believed it was better to leave the PC on than to turn it off and on frequently. Think of herding a bunch of cattle through a narrow gate, there will be a lot of stress on the walls, a circuit board is similar. The computer in my living room (also a media center) stays on all the time. I turn off the sewing machine and the PC in the sewing room when I am done for the day.

I have a 10 year old computerized Janome, and have never noticed the machine itself getting hot by leaving it on all day. I'm thinking the newest sewing machines would not have a "burn in" image issue on the screen, just like new monitors do not.

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
Electric things heat up when they're on. Things expand and contract when they heat up and cool off. Frequent expansion and contraction will cause tiny wires in circuit boards to break eventually. If I turn my sewing machine on I leave it on for the day.